Things I Wish I Knew: University Edition

10:43 PM



   My first year of college is finally over! It went by so fast. I learned a lot this year and there are few things I wish I knew that would have made my life a whole lot easier! So without further adieu, here are some of the things I wish I knew: university edition!

1 One-Pagers
This was something a professor in high school made me do. Basically, for each chapter of the text book you put everything important (summary, key terms, main ideas, etc.) on one typed piece of paper. The reason this is so great is because any time you have a test or quiz (or finals), not only will making the page help you retain and understand the information, but you already have a study guide prepared!  (He also made us put at least 2 pictures and color code the information --a great thing to do if you are a visual learner!)

2 DO NOT PROCRASTINATE 
Very obvious but something worth repeating. In high school, I was alway a procrastinator and received really good grades. However, in college there is so much work you have to do, so many things you want to do, and unlike in high school your grades will reflect your effort! 

3 Read!!
Although you can probably get a B or C without reading the assignments, for most people, if you want an A you have to read. Not only will this help you on tests and assignments, but when it comes time for discussion you may just be the professor's new favorite student when you have something to say in class (and remember you can use that professors recommendation in the future!).

4 Try New Things 
Do not go into college believing that your going to be the exact same person you were in high school. If you come in closed-minded you'll end up missing out on a lot!! Have fun, explore, go on adventures, try new things, I promise you won’t regret it!

5 Relax
College is stressful. As much fun as it can be, It’s going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. Just take a deep breath, turn on some tunes, smile, and I promise you will survive!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Travel

Flickr Images

Subscribe